I did venture out into Zurich to practice some things though the next day. It was another beautiful day so I broke in my mountain bike. There were some cool places I wanted to check out in Zurich, so I packed up my little backpack up, grabbed my map, and hit the streets! I biked down to the river and there are little sections where you can put your feet into the water so I practiced some photography, dipped my toes in the water (and it was FREEZING!!), and just enjoyed the scenery. I then took my camera and bike and cruised down the path along the water to the next section that had a beach umbrella on the map. This section was like an MTV music video! There were tons and tons of people in their early 20's in bathing suits playing beach volleyball, dancing to music, and sunbathing on the dock...not at all what I was expecting in Zurich! I continued down the path and cruised into the center of Zurich where there were a million people!! I tried to go down along the lake, but there were just too many people for biking so I walked a little, enjoyed the lake, and then headed back up the big hill towards my apartment. It was a hike, but worth it :)
The following weekend there was more beautiful weather, so on Saturday I did some shopping and attempted to buy an ipad! My naive self figured it was weeks after it came out so it would be easy to get one....NOPE! Apparently everyone and their mother is still trying to get one :( I just want one so bad!! Still waiting though!! After the disappointment of not getting my ipad I took a nice 4K walk on Sunday around Zurich - I have to start training for a triathlon on June 19th...I am on a team so the one guy is swimming and then Jincy and I need to decide who will be running the 10K or biking the 40K...fun fun!! :)
Can't wait for more beautiful weather :)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment