Easter Weekend fell at the end of April this year (April 24th) and in Switzerland we got Friday and Monday off for the holiday! It was really great to have a 4-day weekend to relax and since everything is pretty much closed Friday, Sunday, and Monday (except spas) that’s really all you could do anyway (can’t do laundry either!!) ;) So on Thursday after work to celebrate our 4-day weekend I met up with some friends for Happy Hour around the corner at AlmodoBar (which is literally in another office building – crazy I know!). We had some drinks and then my friend Walter started talking about this crazy stalker guy who sent him these ridiculous texts and emails because Walter dated his girlfriend when they were on a break, so I read them aloud in a very dramatic and exciting way haha. In fact the table next to us stopped what they were doing to listen in (I apparently could have a new career!).
On Friday, it was another beautiful day (the weather here has been PERFECT!). I got ready and took the train to Katie’s house where Katie, Natassia, and I started the festivities of the night with some wine (seemed like a good idea at the time!). This was at about 8 oclock. A little later, Marius’s girlfriend Sarah joined us and we continued to drink more wine – again not good lol! We had about 3 -4 bottles between the 4 of us, before the bar!! We had a lot of fun with our little girls night and eventually headed to L+G in Zug to hear Marius (aka Claude La Rave) DJ. We didn’t get there until after 11 and it was all downhill after that! We continued the drinking and dancing until late, but overall the night was a lot of fun - and can’t wait for the next girls night :) Side note, I learned though that if you are on a Night train you apparently need a special 5 CHF ticket…I was under the assumption my GA pass covered everything, but apparently not! They don’t tell you this when you buy your GA ticket but all the Swiss people know (I felt better when we told my friend who had been living here for 2 years and she had no idea either!). There was luckily enough a ticket someone left behind that the ticket guy took and I was ok, but I would have had to pay an 80 CHF surcharge – I now know for the future!!
On Saturday I slept in after the fun night on Friday ;), but didn’t want to sleep in all day since Saturday was the only day the stores were open!! So I eventually woke up and ran as many errands as I could fit in on Saturday!! I like the concept of it all – holidays mean relaxing and spending time with friends and family, but if you aren’t used to it, it’s a little strange at first. But I managed to get in all my errands and get myself ready for an early morning Easter!
After the Baby Blessing I made my way back up to Zurich to change quickly and head off to meet Natassia and Katie at the Thermalbad Spa in Zurich! This place was awesome!! There were all these different sections and areas as well as a rooftop Jacuzzi type thing that overlooked the entire city!! It was a really awesome view! We hung out there for several hours, had lunch, and just relaxed!! It was definitely a first for me to do this on Easter, but still a really nice day!
Monday I used as a true day of rest and stayed in! I did manage to work on my drapes for my apartment and finish my bedroom, but other than that I relaxed and enjoyed the day off :)
Happy Easter everyone!!



No comments:
Post a Comment