Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ikea and a rent a car :)

So this past weekend I decided on the day I get the keys to my apartment, why not rent a car, drive to Ikea, and pick up all the crap they wouldn't deliver.  There's a slight chance I may have overestimated just how big the car was.  I had to go into Ikea TWICE...the first round I let the pack-service pack the car with the first car load, which thank goodness they did because they put the front seat all the way back and slid stuff across it.  Then I went back into Ikea and thought I could fit more stuff into the car.....I decided not to let the pack-service do this round as they would have yelled at me for not being able to see out of the window or back.  I had to get creative at the end, but the last box I took out of the box to fit it and drove VERY carefully home...so not safe, but it was fortunately a quick 15 minute drive.

So you are probably thinking that was the hard part....haha now I had to take ALL this stuff I bought (which was quite heavy) and get it up 3 1/2 flights of stairs (yowza!).  I'm actually impressed by myself that I was able to do it!!  Because it was not light stuff....dining room table and chairs, glass desk, glass coffee table, 2 bookshelves, a chaise lounge chair, just to name a few things :)  I eventually got it all up and met my old neighbor in the process...she was very old and didn't speak a word of english and since I don't speak a word of German it made for an interesting conversation where she eventually just smiled and closed the door and I waved bye bye as she did....AWKWARD!  The rest of the stuff will be arriving on Wednesday and then it's going to be construction central to 'build' my apartment!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Candee! Glad to see you're doing well in Switzerland! Can't wait to see how all the furniture assembly went! Post more pics! Miss you Candee! Hope you're having fun!- Chrissy

    ReplyDelete