This past weekend I ventured out by train to Paris, France! Through the expat sites, I met my friend Katie (from Minnesota) and we decided to check out Paris for the weekend J Although the weather was not the best, we had a great time! We left Friday afternoon from work and took the TGV train (takes about 4 ½ hrs from Zürich) to Paris! We saw the Eiffel tower, arc de triomphe, Champs des elysees, Notre Dame, the Opera area, Louvre, and lots more!! The weather was acting a bit strange, but it could always be worse I guess! Friday night when we arrived it was fairly warm (I didn’t need a jacket!) and clear! Saturday during the day was a little rainy, but clear enough for us to see the Eiffel tower and take some pictures! Oh and forgot to mention I started both days off with a chocolate crepe – I LOVE nutella J Saturday night we ventured out near the Concord and had dinner at Café Madeleine where I tried some Steak hache (come to find out it’s basically a hamburger without the bun and a fried egg on top). Afterwards we went to this VERY cool place called the Buddha Bar! It was so cool inside and had great music….the drinks were expensive, but when you see the attention to detail from the bartenders you understand why….oh and also you get to watch the HOT bartenders shake up your drink – Yummm….one of our bartenders looked like Orlando Bloom – need I say more!!
Before we left Paris we did some shopping and made a pitstop at Angelina’s Café, which has the best hot chocolate in Paris – it was delicious and I got a box to make some at home J After walking around a bit, checking out the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, we got back on the train for a relaxing ride home….
Or so we thought!! About 5 minutes after leaving the station, we here some noise, the train bumps around a bit, and we come to a dead stop! The train manager comes on the loudspeaker in French of course to make an announcement and immediately everyone on the train looks annoyed and is groaning. Finally someone took pity on us looking at our dumbfounded faces and said we apparently hit a person and it was going to be a while…good lord! After about 45 minutes, the train manager came back on with an update and now everyone is laughing and just shaking their heads. The girl across from us gives us the update that we did not hit a person, but it was actually a wild boar (like a pig) and we will be leaving in about 20 minutes. So after a little over an hour we continued our trip and arrived in Zürich a little past midnight – we were exhausted!! But it was so worth it! Can’t wait for the next adventure J


No comments:
Post a Comment