Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My First Visitor ☺


           
           So my very first visitor came to a somewhat shambled apartment (the prior blog of finishing the building was not complete until after my first visitor!)….so Arian came to visit me and help me finish getting settled into my new digs!  And thank goodness he came when he did…he was such a HUGE help…we bought and set up my new TV and he finished building the rest of my family room furniture and got my TV, DVD player, and cable all set up :) AND he installed light fixtures – he was quite handy to have around!!  He even cooked dinner one night while I was at work!!
            Don’t worry though – I still made sure to show him the sights of Zürich and take a break from working :)  We walked all around the main area of Zürich where there is the Bahnofstrasse (like the Rodeo Drive of Zürich with all the fancy stores and probably every tourist in the city), Langstrasse – kind of like the red light district…but I will sadly mention we actually stopped into a Hooters for some American beer and wings…it hit the spot lol!  I am glad though I checked out Langstrasse with Arian and did NOT go by myself – there aren’t many sketchy areas of Zürich, but I definitely would not recommend a woman to walk there by themselves at night.
            On Sunday we had brunch in my neck of the woods and then for an early dinner we ventured up to Uetliburg, which I highly recommend to anyone visiting Zürich…it was beautiful and AMAZING!!  You get a view of the entire city and at night it was just beautiful…you can only get there by tram and up there is a hotel with a restaurant.  It is a very romantic, cute place, with some yummy food.  It sits on the edge of the cliff and also overlooks the city – it was perfection!!
            His last night of visiting, Arian ventured the Swiss public transportation alone to meet up with me and my two friends Bryan and Taylor for dinner.  We went out to eat in Zug…a smaller city about 25 minutes by train from Zürich (where I work)…and had some delicious Thai food!!  I think it was a successful trip :)
            I do promise that I won’t expect that much manual labor from all my visitors, but I can promise a good time and good food :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment