Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peruvian Vacation - Part I the arrival (Sept 1st-3rd 2011)






So as promised I am going to attempt to get caught up on old blogs!!!  Most of you know I set sail for South America on September 1st to Peru!!  I met up with Stacy in Lima after a long long flight (layover in Madrid!).  We spent our first night catching up and getting excited for the big adventure ahead of us (and boy was it a big adventure!!).  After Stacy got the correct bag in the morning, we waited in line for our flight to Cusco!  Of course our lovely airline cancelled our flight, but luckily we were able to get on another plane to Cusco and while we waited ran into Denise and Andrea - friends of Susie and Mo that would be on our hike :)!!

 We finally arrived to Cusco and met up with the gang and dropped our stuff off at the hotel and began the exploration of Cusco!  I had planned a couple of things to do since we had a couple of days before our hike, so the first night we were picked up at our hotel and taken to a small planetarium to learn about the sky in the Southern Hemisphere of the world.  We learned a lot and the night was PERFECT!!!  We also saw a planet in the telescope, which was amazing!!!



On Saturday, we walked around town (shopped A LOT because everything was so dirt cheap!!!).  We signed up for a class at the chocolate museum and got to learn how to make chocolate from cocoa beans and made some delicious hot chocolate!!  After that we did more shopping for souvenirs and then met our tour guides for our orientation!!  We got the bags we needed to pack our stuff in, got the scoop on the next morning, and then grabbed dinner around the corner where Stacy had the most ridiculous plate of food!! Afterwards, we retired to the hotel to attempt to get some sleep (but with the time change, altitude, and pure excitement the sleep I got was minimal!).

No comments:

Post a Comment