We also quickly learned by lunchtime that our chef was AMAZING!!! Every meal was about a 4 course delicious meal - pumpkin soup, rainbow trout, fresh avocado (thanks to James for jumping up a tree!), a baked cake!! Seriously - I don't know how they transported the food or kept it fresh and I don't want to know - but man was that food delicious!!! AND we had awesome porters to carry all of our bags so we were really spoiled - camping at its finest!
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Peruvian Vacation - Part II - The big hike!!! (Sept 4th-8th)
So after the adventures of Cusco, we got up VERY early and set sail for the big trek!! Our guides picked us up super early and we boarded a bus that took almost 2 hours (with a breakfast pitstop) to the start of the trek! Everyone else took a nap, but I don't know if it was the excitement or altitude or what but I just could not sleep!!! We arrived at the passport control and it was a beautiful sunny day!! Our tour guides James and Eddie were very well known so even my friend with her Canadian passport and the records said she had a US passport, the boys were able to convince the guy that it was a North American passport and they were good with that explanation!! So we started our trek on a sunday (the easy day!). We quickly learned just how awesome our guides were!!! The first day that had us all hold hands, close our eyes, and walk forward only trusting what they told us....when we opened our eyes we were on the edge of the mountain looking out to an awesome view of the mountains - great start to our trip!! We also got "diamond" earrings compliments of the pretty purple flowers below - pretty fancy!!


We also quickly learned by lunchtime that our chef was AMAZING!!! Every meal was about a 4 course delicious meal - pumpkin soup, rainbow trout, fresh avocado (thanks to James for jumping up a tree!), a baked cake!! Seriously - I don't know how they transported the food or kept it fresh and I don't want to know - but man was that food delicious!!! AND we had awesome porters to carry all of our bags so we were really spoiled - camping at its finest!
We also quickly learned by lunchtime that our chef was AMAZING!!! Every meal was about a 4 course delicious meal - pumpkin soup, rainbow trout, fresh avocado (thanks to James for jumping up a tree!), a baked cake!! Seriously - I don't know how they transported the food or kept it fresh and I don't want to know - but man was that food delicious!!! AND we had awesome porters to carry all of our bags so we were really spoiled - camping at its finest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment