Friday, January 21, 2011

What happened to 2010??!!??


    So I am not quite sure what happened to 2010, but it was a pretty good year!!  I gained 1 niece and 2 nephews, moved out of my parents house, and moved to a new continent!!  It was a great, but fast year!!  I am excited for 2011 and hope to be traveling a lot while I am here and hope to make a lot of new friends (all over the world)!



    To ring in the New Year, I experienced the wonderful partying and fireworks of Lake Zurich - and it was pretty amazing!!  The streets are closed off and there are just thousands of people roaming around, lots of food stands, drink stands, and people in the street setting off their home-made fireworks!  It was pretty neat - the partying goes on all night, but at 12:20 all the street lights go off and then begins the 20 minute firework show.  There were some very cool fireworks going off and everyone was just in awe of them all!  It was a cloudy night, but that didn't stop about 170,000 people from going out to see them anyway!  It was quite an evening and a great way to kick off the New Year.
Happy New Year 2011 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment