So for those of you not aware of how apartments work in Switzerland, you apparently need to open your windows for about 10-15 minutes per day to allow the moisture to go somewhere. Since there are radiators and no vents...there's no where for the moisture to go...and if you don't open your windows...mold appears!! HOWEVER, regardless of the windows (which don't have screens btw - so spiders, bugs, etc can crawl right on in!!) I have a leak on my bedroom ceiling...which is no fun at all!! I had to leave my keys with my neighbor (who doesn't speak english) so that the landlord and then workers could come check out my apartment...however when I was dropping off my spare keys the second time (and Kelly was here visiting) I misplaced my own set of keys...so I had to grin and bare it and ring my old man neighbor's door at 10:15 p.m. on a SUNDAY....yikes!! He was definitely asleep but let me in and I went up to unlock my door with the spare set panicking as to where my set was and...
moral of the story...don't get mold and make sure to take your keys out of the door when you leave (hopefully good news to come on my mold situation)!!

No comments:
Post a Comment