Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last weekend of Summer :(

The weekend of August 26th was the last weekend before my big Peruvian adventure, so I had lots to do to get ready, but also some fun squeezed in as well!  Friday was my summer friday, so I had a girls lunch with Taylor, Aspen, Angela, and Angela's cute little baby bump in Zug!  It was a nice afternoon of girl time to catch up and enjoy some yummy food!!  Afterwards, I ran quite a bit of errands to finish laundry, do some shopping, and get my Swiss driver's license :)!!

On Saturday, I still had major laundry to do, but since it takes FOREVER, I left mid-way to meet up with Katie for some shopping in Zurich!  I still had some last minute purchases to make for my trip so we were able to get all that in as well as some other shopping for fun stuff - jewelry and clothes :)

Sunday, the 28th, was the Lifescan event - Tour de Cure, which raises money for the Swiss Diabetes Care Foundation!!  Our Controller, Christian, sponsors the event, so the entire team, plus many other J&Jers and their families came out for the event :)  The weather was perfect!!  You could either do the fast 40K bike ride around the lake with Christian, the slower 40K bike around the Lake, a 10K bike ride, a Mountain biking ride, or a 5K walk!  Most of us took the 5K walk to enjoy the sun-shine, nice weather, and be able to chit chat while we walk (and I didn't want to injure myself on a bike before my big hike!!).  It was a really nice morning and we also were given a nice lunch afterwards!  After lunch a bunch of us walked down to the main area of Zug to Schiff for some beers outside since the weather was sooo nice and probably one of the last nice days too!!  And funny enough on the walk,  there was some kind of children's activities going on - so they had a semi-zoo set up with camels, llamas, and horses - strange (never thought I'd see a llama or camel in Switzerland!)!  After Schiff we wanted to continue the afternoon, so we went back to Vivi's for some snacks and more drinks on her balcony!  It was a really nice day and perfect weather!!






1 comment:

  1. weird... last week of summer was..... 4 MONTHS AGO!!!!

    ReplyDelete