Saturday, September 18, 2010
Fete du Vin!
Shortly after arriving in Zurich, I hopped on a train to the French part of Switzerland to spend some time with Tanya, Julian, Serge, and Serge's family. I timed it just right and got to enjoy the Fete du Vin in La Neuvaville for the 2nd time (got to experience it 2 years ago when visiting the first time). I stayed at Serge's moms apartment and it was great to see everyone and practice my French. Although he doesn't understand, I told Julian he better learn both languages fast so he can be my little translator ;) My weekend started off just right with a tarte flambe (I have dreamt about that for the past 2 years - sooo delicious!). Then on saturday we spent the day on the rides in town - Julian was in heaven! At night we ate some more delicious food of course and enjoyed the beautiful weather and festivities. On sunday, we ventured over to Luzern to visit Switzerland's transport museum where again Julian was in heaven with all the trains, planes, and boats (or as he now calls them bateau). The weather was beautiful and the day a lot of fun (and we couldn't finish the day without some ice cream!). Since Luzern is in the German speaking part and not far from Zurich, I decided to take the train home from there and bid farewell to my sis and fam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment